Wanna see YOUR image on the cover of our upcoming Issue of CHIC magazine?
Cover winner, runners up, and honorable mentions’ images will all be included in the magazine!
OUR ISSUE 9 COVER WINNER: Steph Bishop of Starling and Sage
- Chic Magazine is geared towards female photographers so we prefer to showcase women on our cover image
- We want to showcase images with a fashion editorial feel (i.e. Vogue, Elle, W magazine covers)
- We prefer mostly serious facial expressions
- We are looking for mostly upper body images (not full-body)
- Image needs to hold up under technical scrutiny
- Image should have room in the composition for the magazine title and cover blurbs
- Images should showcase good lighting and posing
- Oversharpening and sloppy retouching may be cause for elimination of an otherwise strong image
- Please no maternity, children, couples, or women in lingerie
- Clean & classic edits are recommended (avoid vintage or overly smooth skin)
- Color images are preferred
- Refer to the recent cover winner to see these suggestions being implemented
- Submissions must be posted on YOUR own blog by Tuesday, May 20th 2014 @ midnight PST
- No photo submissions from Facebook are allowed
- Only one image can be entered in the contest
- Vertical images only! Horizontal images will be not be eligible
- Please make sure to include a link back to Chic Critique on your site
- Winner will be determined by image quality and connection to our aesthetic vision
- Cover winner will be selected by the Editorial staff of Chic Magazine
- Celebrity Photographers will determine Runners Up and Honorable Mentions
- Public voting will NOT be part of the contest
- Like us on Facebook
- Join our newsletter
- Post your cover contest image on YOUR own blog with a link back to Chic Critique. Your image will not be submitted if you don’t include a link back to Chic Critique in your blog post.
- Next, submit your permalink (not your main blog address) from your own cover contest blog post to the “add your link” button on this page below. Your cover contest image will then show up as a thumbnail on this page and allow our readers to click on your image to check out your blog.
ENTER YOUR COVER IMAGE BY CLICKING ON THE “ADD YOUR LINK” BUTTON BELOW:
the theme for this next issue is “NATURAL”
Don’t forget to leave a comment on the other entries because that is half the fun! Also, submit your photo early since those seem to be the ones who receive the most comments.