by Alex Beadon, Contributor
Hey Chicas! My name is Alex Beadon and I am so excited to announce some awesome news: On the first Tuesday of every month I will be posting here on the Chic Critique blog as a regular contributor to the new blog series, “Teaching Tuesdays”. I’ll be leaving you with inspirational tips all to do with business, photoshop and photography in general! YAY!
Today’s post takes you behind-the-scenes of the editing process to one of my very own self portraits. I have never done a tutorial like this before, where I go through the entire process with you from start to finish – without a single end goal in mind.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- How to get rid of distractions
- How to remove blemishes on the skin
- How to lighten dark circles under the eyes
- How to smoothen out the skin using Beauty Mask
- All about my love affair with layer masks & opacities
- How to add definition to your photo with CONTOUR
- How to change hair colour
- How to add make-up
- How to change eye colour
- How to change skin colour (sunless tan!
- How to use actions “Scarlet Love” and “Sweet & Dreamy” to beautify the colours
- How to use actions “Alex’s Sharpy” and “Boom Boom Pow” to sharpen
Alex Beadon is a creative portrait photographer, blogger, and creator of The Inspired Store. Her number one mission is to inspire those around her to creatively live an inspired and passionate life. That means doing what you love and loving what you do every step of the way. You can learn more about her and what she does here on her website.