Chic Critique is so excited to have Brooke Davis of Blush Photography return as our July Celebrity Photographer.
Sign up to get your images critiqued by Brooke Davis this July. Only 10 Spots Available!
Brooke is a lover of raw emotion and believes there is nothing more magical than everyday understated beauty. She is mostly known for her love of unique lighting, use of shadows and ability to sweep you away in a emotion drenched image. Along with being a full time wedding photographer Brooke has been successfully teaching workshops in the united states as well as the UK. Brookes work has been featured countless times on national and world wide blogs and was recently interviewed for Photo professional magazine on her Non wedding that really shook up the industry. Being honest to herself and always craving something new keeps Brookes work fresh and exciting.
Do you edit mostly in Photoshop or Lightroom?
I rarely shoot from below, its never a flattering angle and if your clients don’t love how they look in the image, it doesn’t matter how amazing the setting was.
A lot of myself is left in my work, where I am in life, my goals and experiences. But I would say music is my biggest inspiration.
I want my children to have memories worth keeping when they are older, I am always trying to create little adventures for us to go on. I work at night so I can spend as much time during the day with them.
Try to not let props be the branding of your style, it should be the subjects and their story. If you have props it should belong to the client and important to the storytelling process for the shoot. That way its something they cherish and it will never fall in the trend category.
Letting go of heavy Photoshop. I was spending so much time away from my children and loosing the natural beauty in the image.
My best advice is to stay completely honest to yourself. If you focus on finding what makes you tick and creating images that reflect that you cannot lose. No one is better at being YOU than YOU.
Word of mouth is my number one and I feel is the most important way to grow as a business but, I have found instagram and basic social networking to be really helpful for promoting yourself
I do not attend a lot of workshop to be honest, although I did really enjoy Jesh De Rox beloved workshop.
Guest Contributor | Leslie Vega
Today in the SPOTLIGHT is our newest vendor, Pro Digital Photos
Pro Digital Photos is a fun and creative “Photo Boutique.” They are known for their professional printing services and their unique printing options. They offer printing to the general public and also provide a pro-site service for photographers and designers.
A bit about Pro Digital Photos:
Many of our products have trendy up-to-date design choices, which make ordering products easy and fun. You can also use your own designs when printing any of our product offerings, which makes ordering our products so great! Our customer service experience is amazing, and our website and store front truly resemble a boutique experience for all customers. We package all of our orders with fun bows and always include a surprise treat. If you haven’t tried Pro Digital Photos before, you should give us a try today!
The owners of Pro Digital Photos, Cory and Veronica Chapman, dated in college during the year 2002 when Cory created a website as a web design class assignment. What was meant to be a class project, turned into a continually growing company. Now in business for 14 years, Cory and Veronica are amazed at the growth they have experienced, the amazing customers and friendships they have created along the way, and are blown away by such great photography and design talent they continue to see on a daily basis from their customers.
- Our most popular product we print is press printed cards. We offer so many beautiful paper options on our card stock papers that we have truly built a huge client base of photographers and designers that print cards. Customers can order their own designed files, or can choose from one of Pro Digital Photos pre-made templates.
- The holiday season is truly the busiest time of year when we work around the clock 24-7 to meet the high demand of holiday card orders. Our turn around time on all card orders is only 1-2 business days! We launch new holiday card templates each year, and are known for our cute holiday packaging and gift we include with all holiday card orders.
- Canvas Gallery Wraps are truly amazing at Pro Digital Photos! We hand build each wooden frame, and offer 1/2″, 1 1/2″ and 2 1/2″ wrap sizes. A popular trend we are seeing people order is our new Metallic Canvas wraps. Our pricing is great for this product too.
- Enlargments of all sizes are ordered at Pro Digital Photos, and we offer a range of great mounting and finishing options.
- Specialty products are popular for gifts during the holiday season. Some of the specialty products Pro Digital Photos offers are iphone and ipad cases, boutique mugs, metal prints, tile prints, calendars, and puzzles.
Wanna be a Vogue Vendor?
Find out about advertising rates and how you can get a FREE full page ad in CHIC Magazine plus more goodies HERE!